Re: ** temp table or permanent

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:13:34 +0200

Unless you use shared servers, PL/SQL tables should be stored in PGA. I don't remeber what are limitations of PL/SQL tables in 8i and performance implications so I can't help you on this one.

From the top of my head I would use global temporary table if possible as it will use direct path reads and won't consume much additional memory.

On the other hand, maybe you should step back and see if you can optimize and rewrite the query. Consider running it with 10046 event and see where you spend the time. If the query returns many rows, chances are that fetch size is too small and/or your network is too slow.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com