Re: Get rid of trace files with undo notification

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:43:46 +0200

> we are getting a lot of traces files with the following information, does
> anybody know why this traces appear and how to supress them?

I remember there was a bug (and possible instance hang) that I suppose has already been fixed (9.2.0.7/10g?), but you could get rid of the continuous undo offlining/onliing with event 10511, level 2.

<quote>
Solution
Prevent SMON from offlining idle Undo Segments using event 10511. Set the following parameter in init.ora/spfile

event="10511 trace name context forever, level 2"

Then restart the database.

After the first onlinining of an Undo Segment, it will never be offlined and re-onlined.
So we will only get the "US" serialization once (on the first online after a db restart.)

</quote>

Regards
Dimitre