Re: ** temp table or permanent

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:05:26 -0700 (PDT)

Alex,

     Thanks. I am on 8.1.7.4. So it is not automatic UNDO. I already split thequery in two. Right now the question is if I should use temporary/permanent table or PL/SQL table. I assume PL/SQL table will always be faster than temporary table. We have dedicated server so I think it is using memory from main memory and not affecting SGA. How do I keep track of how much memory is being used? I want balance performance and memory. to make sure no paging/swapping occurs. Thanks

Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:   How do you know you was running out of space in rollback segment? ORA-1555? Usually, SELECT fails with ORA-1555 not because rollback segment is too small but because your undo retention period is too small. I assume you use automatic undo management.

2006/7/5, A Joshi :

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev