Re: Tracing multi-tier apps

From: Michael Ray <topshot.rhit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:35:21 -0400

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:
> These are simple first-step debugging tools to see if a connection is
> being made.

I failed to explicitly state that these issues are with allegedly LOSING the connection, not with making them, but thank you for those ideas. I know listener logs every connection made. Speaking of which, is there a simple way to trim the listener log in Windows? Normally you can rename some of them, but a few seem to always be locked by the process. Here I am derailing my own topic. ;)

I also know it is a possibility that the database could be hung up, but the problems normally last for a couple minutes and aren't plant-wide unless the database really is down.

--

Sincerely,
Michael Ray