Fw: gather_dictionary_stats runs automatically - how?

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_at_preferisco.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 01:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

(copy to list)

John Hallas wrote:
>> I am struggling to see what controls a gather_dictionary_stats job that runs on all my 10.2.0.2 databases....

This job is created, and enabled automatically when you create a new Oracle database under Oracle Database 10g. To see this job, use the DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS view

Disable thus:
exec dbms_scheduler.disable('GATHER_STATS_JOB');

See http://www.dbazine.com/olc/olc-articles/freeman2, http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/10gdba/week20_10gdba.html, etc...

Regards Nigel