Re: very slow inserts on new partition.

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 20:09:22 +0200

Just a wild guess - check if there are nightly jobs to collect statistics. Best thing is to trace your batch in the first day and any other day - this way you can surely compare execution plans and where it spends it time. If the batch is only thing running on the system than statspack reports can be also fine.

2006/7/2, Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>:

> Hi list,
>
> We manage our datawarehouse database on Oracle 9i Rel.2, hp-superdome
> machine.
> We have daily and monthly batch running from this database.
> There are about 20 tables which we used range parititon (partition by
> date column). We create a new partition every month. Whenever there is
> a new partition created and the job takes long time than the usual
> time, only the first day, and the subsequent dailsy, its performs on
> time. Is the same case every month on the first day of using new
> partition.
> Can anyone come across this type of situation?
> Your valuable comments/suggestion are highly appreciated.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Syed Jaffar Hussain
> 8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA
> Banque Saudi Fransi,
> Saudi Arabia
>
> I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain

> "Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com