Re: are LIOs always relavent?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:21:10 +0100

LIO's going up with partition iteration is possible, especially if your partitioning strategy is not appropriate. Of course, it depends on the nature of your queries, but the basic issue is that the number of table rows you acquire for a given input does not change, but the number of index partitions you may visit to find those rows may go up.

No change in CPU -
  You need to check the type of buffer activity.     Did 'consistent gets - examinations' increase as     the number of LIOs went up, and did the number     of 'consistent gets' that weren't 'examinations' go     down.

    Did the number of 'buffer is pinned count' change     significantly ?
.

    Is the row you do on the rows complex, and therefore     a large fraction of the CPU you use.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ