RE: Manual mem management in 10g

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:27:57 -0500

Before we set sga_target = 0, we were seeing "KGH: NO ACCESS" grow to over 50% of the shared_pool. Support would only say that this was used to temporarily transfer data from the buffer cache to the shared_pool, but they never did disclose why so much, or how, or when, or....

Would you really want most of your memory tied up in something called "NO ACCESS"? *grin*