RE: Manual mem management in 10g

From: Powell, Mark D <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:59:16 -0400

I was unaware that you could not just set the SGA_TARGET down and bounce your database but how about:

Create an init.ora from the spfile.
Remove the underbar values from init.ora Stop db.
Startup nomount and recreate the spfile from the init.ora. Open db.

I do no think that fact that MS will not support the /PAE switch would stop me from testing it if I was running into outages on a production system.