Re: One of the ASM concepts isn't clear for me. Can anybody explain?

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:55:51 +0100

Thank you Gopal,

It makes sense.
Looks like in an ASM configuration Oracle Instance have got additional functions that in FS cse is FS/OS responsibility area. Before your explanation I thought that ASM is taking care of almost all. Now it sounds like ASM & Oracle DB Instances sharing functionality that previously have been dedicated to FS.

Thank you again for your explanation,
Yury

--
Yury