Re: Concurrent I/O (AIX 5.2)

From: Stuart Clowes <stuart.clowes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:10:01 +0100

We have minperm=10%, maxperm=20%, maxclient=20%. Will look to reduce these even further.

Our db_cache_size has increased from 1 GB to 2 GB, and we are still gently increasing it.

We are, at the moment, not memory constrained, although I am starting to chew up our spare memory by increasing db_cache_size. (use it or lose it.... ;) )

agblksize=512 for the redo logs.

In fact, agblksize=512 for the database files as well - any comments on whether this is 'wrong'?

Filesystems for redo and dbf are mounted cio. FILESYSTEM_IO_OPTIONS=SETALL.

Only thing we haven't done is implemented large memory pages. Do you know of a metric that would reveal whether this could be beneficial for us?