Cpu loop in oracle service

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:50:20 +0200

I sent this 9 hours ago and it did not arrived to the list, so I sending again.
I am sure that both messages will arrive together :-)

Hello all

Oracle 9206 on windows.

I got a call from the system people that oracle is using 50% cpu. 50% cpu because the computer have 2 cpu, so it was looping and using 100% of one cpu.

I checked the sessions and could not find anyone using a lot of cpu. I shutdown immediate the database and still the service was using 50% cpu. Only when I stopped the service and started it again it returned to normal.

Have any of you experience this?

Thanks

--

Adar Yechiel