Re: Windows autostart problem

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:09:43 -0400

Hi, the conclusion
In win2000 sp4, I have no problem (even when I have a 92 home), in win2003, after 10202 patch it didn't work I added the ora_sid_pfile parameter (the ora_sid_pfile was delete on 10201 when running oradim
-edit command) and it worked I restarted server and it continued
working, I suppose it is right now,
but we are not thinking to apply to production we are going to use net start to start the service and an sqlplus script to startup the database, until the next oracle 10.2g patch.

I did a few more test on 10201 2003 server and I found more weird issues.

running C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\bin\oradim.exe -startup -sid perp -usrpwd xx -pfile E:\oraPERP\init\initPERP.ora -log oradim.log
-nocheck 0 I could startup once the database the next I got oradim is
an invalid win32 application.

And started to receive strange errors like ORA-12518: TNS:el listener no ha podido transferir la conexión del cliente,  but after I started the database using startup on slqplus, it connected without problems.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 28 2006 - 08:09:43 CDT