Long execute phase for SELECT query

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:43:04 -0700

I've got a monster join (27 tables) coming from my Baan ERP app. It's taking 0.00 seconds to parse and only .05 seconds to fetch, but is taking 15.05 seconds for the execute phase - see below from tkprof:

call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Execute 2 13.94 15.05 0 0 0 0
Fetch 4 0.00 0.05 16 420 0 22

total 7 13.94 15.12 16 420 0 22

I've never seen a SELECT query with such a high Execute time before - usually only DML queries take time in this phase and SELECT queries spend their time in the Fetch phase. Any ideas what would cause this behaviour? Oracle version 10.2.0.2 on AIX 5.3

If you want to see the query and explain plan, let me know and I'd be happy to provide it - I just didn't include it here because it's huge and I'm not sure it's relevant.

Thanks,
Brandon

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 18:43:04 CDT