db file scattered reads

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:21:04 +0300

Hi,

On one of our very busy OLTP Oracle 9i Rel. (9205) database on AIX 5.3 OS, 'db file scattered reads' wait event, most of the time, it shows 2, 1, 3 as p3 value.
What surprised me is that the value for db_file_multiblock_read_coutn is set to 8, but, db file scattered reads never oftenly shows 8 as p3 values while looking in v$session_wait view. There is another doubt about, 'buffer busy waits, reason code 130. On dizwell site,from the below link, the author explains about buffer busy waits explanation for reason code 130. When I look into metalink note for buffer busy waits reference note, the explanation is totally confused me and look totally different.
In metalink note, it says that the reason code 130 is like 'Block is being read by another session and no other suitable block image was found.. Whereas on dizwell has little bit, differenet explanation. Can anyone explain about this?

http://dizwell.com/main/index.php?option=com_jd-wiki&Itemid=112&id=bufferbusywaits

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."