RE: ** table with clob slow

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:25:16 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

    Yes. It is very slow in comparison to others :table with clob is aorund 1 GB. There are other tables in that range. for export : if i kick off export of other tables and this table with clob simultaneosly then what happens is :

  table with clob is about 20 times slower. For similar size table. I think other operations like delete are also slow on this table. Thanks

"Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell_at_eds.com> wrote:

      Slow is a relative term. On average how big are the CLOB's? How many total bytes are you exporting? What is the average IO capacity of your target disk? Do a little math and determine if the elapsed time is really slow or just what it takes.

  HTH -- Mark D Powell --

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of A Joshi Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:35 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: ** table with clob slow

  Hi,

     We have a big table and it has one field with CLOB datatype. Doing an export on this table is very slow. I have tried with different buffer sizes of 2MB - 250MB. It is still slow. Any way to speed up export and other operations on the table like update,delete. Thanks for your help.

  Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.