Re: ** delete tuning

From: Daniel W. Fink <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:56:05 -0600

The first thing you should do is trace the session doing the deletes. You could be waiting on locks from other sessions, performing excessive logical I/O. Are you deleting parent records after first visitng all the child records or are you using 'ON DELETE CASCADE' as part of your referential integrity constraints? How many indexes are on the tables?

There are too many variables to be answered.

Regards,
Daniel Fink