** delete tuning

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:32:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

     In one of my programs : I am doing a lot of deletes for one key existing in many tables. I have to visit each table and delete the row for the key. This process is real slow. Are there any parameters or settings to set , init or otherwise to make delete faster. Or any other guideline? The version is 8.1.7. Thanks

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jun 22 2006 - 21:32:52 CDT