Re: Oracle University courses - opinion?

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:02:16 -0500

Renee

I think you must clarify your objectives. Is your objective:

  1. To pass the OCP?
  2. To learn.

These are not necessarily the same thing. The one advantage of taking the class from Oracle is that all OCP exam questions are taken from the Student Handout. Oracle is not a stupid company. They are for-profit and their education division is expected to make money. If you take the class from a third-party, you may learn more and spend less money, but you may not do as well on the exam. This would argue for the on-line version of the class, at least you would receive the genuine Oracle Student Handout.

   Anyway that is my dos centavos worth.

Dennis Williams