RE: oracle recompiling sql the same sql repeatedly?

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:29:23 -0000

>From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jesse, Rich
>For us, it was either recode all of our programs to use bind variables
(when we started with Oracle, we didn't know how important they were), use CS=S, or have nightmares about the shared pool.

we resolved our shared pool nightmares by switching some users to cursor_sharing=force and setting shared pool large enough. It depends how large but for us 1-1.2GB maded it. What's more interesting - remove at least 10% from the "correct size" and you'll get 4031 just like that. I think if one removes more the system will become just stale.

Regarding cursor sharing similar: based on the description of what it is supposed to do I simply do not trust Oracle's implemented it correctly. Things must be kept simple but Oracle was not even able to explain how exactly this feature works.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer