Re: RMAN backup of a Standby while it is in MRM

From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 04:45:05 +0530

Hi Allen,

           Thanks for your reply. I have understood that " We can take the backup of a standby database while it is in MRM, but it will be inconsistent". So, there is no meaning in spending CPU resources to take an inconsistent backup.

            But, the problem what i've encountered was something different.

           last week when the backup of standby database was going on ( it is in MRM mode) we encountered ORA-600 [3020] error and MRM was cancelled by itself. From metalink we found that we have to restore the datafile from primary site and perform the recovery. we have followed the same procedure and we were able to put it back in MRM.

           Story doesn't end there.. Since then , it is frequently throwing ORA-600 and we are doing manual recovery to put it back in MRM. In last 4 days we have copied almost 15 datafiles and recovered.

            Now, what i want to know is " Is this ORA-600 any way related to the RMAN backup performed." In metalink there was nothing clear about this.

           Please clarify me.

Thanks& Regards,
Ravi.M