Re: Detecting SELECT FOR UPDATE WAIT ... failures

From: Stuart Clowes <stuart.clowes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:32:28 +0100

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your suggestions.

At the moment

I was hoping that I might be able to get something out of LogMiner. However, on my brief test run I could spot INSERT, UPDATES, DELETES (as expected), but not SELECT FOR UPDATE. I suspect (from previous problems) that overlapping SELECT FOR UPDATEs are the cause of my problem, so I need a technique that can detect these.

Stuart