Re: 8i -> 10gR2 update

From: Andre van Winssen <awinssen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:50:20 +0200

Oracle's imp seems to do single row inserts when a table has a LONG type column. Which is not a problem for a small table but takes ages when it comes to millions of rows. Sqlplus COPY facility can help out then because it supports array inserts of rows with LONG columns

things have imporved a lot with datapump but that doesn't help if the source export file was created using <10g

Andre