Re: cursor sharing

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:00:30 -0500

The plan that I see in v$sql_plan appears to be different from what I see in explain plan. There is an article on
metalink that deals with this issue. The thing that I don't understand is that the plan I see in s$sql_plan seems to be the same as the plan for the query that finishes in seconds. Yet, this one runs for over an hour

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079

             "goran
             bogdanovic"
             <goran00_at_gmail.co                                          To
             m>                        genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
                                                                        cc
             06/20/2006 04:20          oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
                                       Re: cursor sharing

Did you checked in v$sql_plan the real execution plan with CURSOR_SHARING_EXACT ? genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com wrote:

      Hi all:

      Can someone recommend a good article on the cursor sharing in Oracle
      9. I
      just found a query that runs in 5 seconds
       with CURSOR_SHARING_EXACT and in more than 1 hour without it
      (cursor_sharing is set to force on the DB level)

      I'm trying to find out why it happens.

      thank you

      Gene Gurevich