RE: EMC SRDF

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:43:46 -0500

Perhaps the papers from
http://www.emc.com/partnersalliances/partner_pages/remote_mirror_oracle. jsp (from a Google search) would help?

Rich

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of oracle sos Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:23 AM
To: Steve Perry
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: EMC SRDF

Thanks for all advices and inputs. I will give it a try.

Cindy

On 6/19/06, Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com> wrote:

	SRDF doesn't care what's on the devices being replicated.
	Make sure you upgrade Oracle on the servers at the DR site, if
you
	installed the binaries on local drives.

	On Jun 19, 2006, at 06:59 PM, oracle sos wrote:

> Good evening
>
> We are currently using EMC SRDF to replicate our 9i single
instance
> on HP-UX to meet the requirement of minimizing data loss. Two
weeks
> ago, we decided to move to 10g RAC and would like to know will
EMC
> SRDF still work for us without implement Data Guard
technology.