FW: Importing dump in different tablespace

From: Vijay Mishra <v.mishra_at_qualityg.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:58:05 +0300

Dear Syed,

Thanks a lot it worked very well.

Best Regards
Vijay Mishra

-----Original Message-----
From: Syed Jaffar Hussain [mailto:sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com] Sent: 19 June 2006 16:32
To: v.mishra_at_qualityg.com
Subject: Re: Importing dump in different tablespace

Vijay,

You can use fromuser and touser parameters to import from one user to another user.
As far as default tablespace, do the following in case there is no similar tablespace exists in target database.

  1. Remove unlimited tablespace permission from the user where you are importing.
  2. Give the user any unlimited tablespace on any tablespace.
  3. Use ignore = y parameter.

Example:

 revoke unlimited tablespace from user1; alter user USER1 quota unlimited on tablespace;

imp file=filename.dmp log=name.log fromuser=user2 touser=user1 ignore=y

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain