RE: EMC SRDF

From: Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:25:22 -0700

While I'm not a SRDF expert, I don't see any issues with this. This replication is done at the EMC disk track (or is it sector) level, so it doesn't involve any type of Oracle awareness...

We currently use SRDF/A with 9i. I'd be curious to know if anyone has run into issues with 10g.

The only issue we've had with SRDF/A was an EMC bug.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of oracle sos Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 4:59 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: EMC SRDF

Good evening

We are currently using EMC SRDF to replicate our 9i single instance on HP-UX to meet the requirement of minimizing data loss. Two weeks ago, we decided to move to 10g RAC and would like to know will EMC SRDF still work for us without implement Data Guard technology.

Many thanks for all the suggestions and advices. Cindy