RE: Maximum Db_cache_size?

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:15:25 -0700

A lot of this depends of if you are performing index or full table scans...obviously FTS would benefit minimally from larger DB Caches (unless you cache/put the table in the KEEP pool -- thus a larger DB cache may be needed for this).

The index reads and scans will benefit...the point of diminishing returns will probably be workload specific. Our cache is rather large but sometimes that's all you can do when you can't touch the code or create more efficient indexes.