Re: Maximum Db_cache_size?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:56:02 +0200

It all depends. One of our databases has more that 10 GB of cache. You platform might have some limitation. You will also need to leave enough for PGA and enough for some non-obvious memory consumers. We recently hit an issue on HP-UX - we were very tight on memory and one of the instances on this box couldn't use async IO after a restart. Apparently, there were not enough so called non-pageable memory or so we were told. Again, if you don't have test system to test it - go slowly carefully monitoring your system.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com