Parametric, Static and Dynamic reports how to

From: Derya Oktay <deryaoktay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:57:21 +0300

Hello to all,
In our organization we need to found a reporting system which will be used by our high_level management personnels at first. After then which will be opened for the use of other users having appropriate privileges on appropriate reports. We currently have an operational database, used by more than 40000 users.
Now it is time to present our information on the web to our managemnent personnels spread on different locations. We need near live data to present, may be up to 1 hour latency. And we want our reporting system not to give any performance side effects to our operational database. What do we need? Please feel free to say any ideas, and their rationale behind it. Oracle Discoverer, Datawarehouse, materialized views, logical dataguard database for reporting.
Thanks.