Re: Can't find the sql text from v$sql via the hash value

From: eagle fan <eagle.f_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 02:28:24 +0800

 Thanks for your reply.

The hang just last several seconds, after several seconds, the application client cancel the operation and mark the database as unavaliable.

Then we took the application clients back and connected to database again, but after a while ,the same problem happened again.

So I can't do snapshot when the database hung. We collected the statspack every 15 minutes, but no useful info showed in it, because the hang just last a very short period.

I run a monitor script to collect some infomation such as machine name , hash value , wait event from v$session_wait and v$session view tables. I got the hash value from v$session, but I can't get the sql text. So I still don't know what's the root cause.

The hash value seems is realated to "table_4_2000_f4e_0_0_0" , but not related to the original sql text.

Why v$session view record this hash value? I think it should record the hash value related to the original sql text.

Eagle Fan

Oracle DBA