8i -> 10gR2 update

From: Alessandro Vercelli <alever_at_libero.it>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:18:59 +0200

Hi all,
in the next weeks, I'll have to perform an update from 8.1.7.3 rel. directly to 10gR2, platform is Win2K sp4.

On Oracle documentation, I found "Oracle Database Update Guide for 10g Rel. 2", this seems to be a good starting point, but are there any suggestions and caveats for this job?

Furthermore, the specified doc says the update can be performed in different ways (DBUA, manual, export/import, data copying); according to your experience, what is the less troublesome method?

Thanks for your help,

Alessandro