Re: ORACLE 10gr2 collect statistics on sys and system?

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:57:44 +0800

On 6/16/06, Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> >I just don't understand why 10Gr2 need collect
> >statistics on "sys", but 9ir2 don't need.
>
> In 10g the RBO is no longer supported. Therefore Oracle had to switch to
> the CBO as well.
>

> HTH
> Chris

You could always delete the statistics...but seeing as optimizer_dynamic_sampling defaults to 2 in v10, the first thing you'll see if lots of dynamic sampling queries against your dictionary....ugh!

leave those stats on.

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"