Re: 10g OEM - How to discover listeners which run on non-default port & name ?

From: Prem <premjhere_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:05:24 +0530

Reply Inline.

On 6/15/06, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> It's possible that Note 239224.1 will help.

Niall , Thanks for that note which gave me an insight of what happens during target discovery. But it doesn't talk anything about the listener which runs in non-default port/name.

On 6/15/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> If I am not mistaken, OEM needs to find corresponding listener.ora
> file in ORACLE_HOME (you have at least two homes so Agent should be
> able to find them either via /etc/oratab or inventory). Alternatively,
> you should be able to set TNS_ADMIN environment valiable to the
> location of listener.ora and restart the agent. In this case it should
> find your listener.

Alex, I had set the $TNS_ADMIN variable and then started the agent. But still i did not find my listener in $AGENT_HOME/sysman/emd/targets.xml file . That's where it is supposed to be usually. I have also raised a TAR and waiting for reply.

On 6/16/06, Smith, Steven K - MSHA <Smith.Steven_at_dol.gov> wrote:
> I don't know if 10g is different then 9i, but in 9i the instances need
> to be explicitly defined in the listener.ora file. The agent parses the
> listener.ora file using the information gained from the oratab file. If
> the database is not defined in the listener.ora file, it will not find it.

Smith , In case of dymamic service registration, the SID need not be mentioned in listener.ora . But i have made an enrty there too and inspite of that the agent does not discover my listener.

Thanks Guys. I'm waiting for my TAR to be replied. Will update you all once i get some useful info'.

Regards | Jp.