Re: ORA-29285: file write error

From: raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nigel,

  Thanks forthe fix.

  but, still that did not work for me.

  after including this also, i am gettingthe same error,   when the code tries to write the output to the file.

  shall i use directory instead of utl_file_dir ? (i dont this these are different rather than bounce of a database is required for utl_file_dir to take effect)

  Raj

Nigel Thomas <nigel_at_preferisco.com> wrote:   Raj

>>When my programme tries to write to a file using the utl_file.putf ()
>>it is writing only 15000 records only. and after that it is erroring out.

Check this Ask Tom thread
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:88212348059

You may need to supply a value for the max line length > default in the FOPEN call:

UTL_FILE.FOPEN (
location IN VARCHAR2,
filename IN VARCHAR2,
open_mode IN VARCHAR2,
max_linesize IN BINARY_INTEGER)
RETURN file_type;

max_linesize = Maximum number of characters per line, including the newline character, for this file. (minimum value 1, maximum value 32767). The default is approximately 1000 bytes. (Tom says 1022...)

Cheers Nigel

http://mail.yahoo.com