Re: Moving Database from one DG to another

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

Alex

  Actually the issue is that I want to use the current LUN on which Diskgroup is created for some other project where I need RAID 1+0 LUN. So I had to move the database to new disk group.

  I got an email reply from Dennis but that is not meant for Disk Group

  Sanjay

Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:   Well, if your requirement is to free up the disk from one diskgroup than instead of creating new diskgroup you might consider just adding disks to DtDg1 and removing disk that you need to use for something else. ASM will automatically do rebalancing for you and free the disk that you are dropping from the disk group.

There are few gotchas:
- you can't change diskgroup mirroring type - you should mix disks with different performance in one DG (well ok only during migration to new disk group). ASM doesn't automatically rebalances the load based on performance/response of disks.

2006/6/15, Sanjay Mishra :

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev