Re: ORACLE 10gr2 collect statistics on sys and system?

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:37:59 -0400

On 6/15/06, dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am doing ORACLE 10Gr2 migration test. I found 10Gr2
> migration guide say We need collect 'sys" and "system"
> statictics before upgrade.
>
> I remember clearly on ORACLE 9ir2 document it suggest
> NOT collect statistics on "sys" and "system". If we
> collect "sys" or "system" statistics, it will cause
> performance.
>
> My question is why ORACLE 10Gr2 does NOT have perform
> issue if we collect statistics on "sys" or "system"?
>

> Thanks.

Congrats on the following points:

  1. testing.
  2. reading the upgrade guide 10g R2 B14238-01.

Did you also run the script utlu102i.sql from a 10.1 home? (its located in the new 10.2 home, under ?/rdbms/admin.

Perhaps having the report print out while running from _your_ database will be more convincing than in .pdf form.

hth.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
If you find yourself using the word "telnet" somewhere, be it in an email or