CRS Error - RAC related...

From: vikram singh <vikramsingh120_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:44:53 +0530

Hi All,

    Our production database, which is a 2-node RAC on Linux recently threw an error which is given below:

             CRS-0184: Cannot communicate with the CRS daemon

We had a problem with our second-node recently, and we are currently not using the node. The complete database is on the single primary node. Does anyone have any idea what is happening in the clusters (CRS)? There is a possibility that the GSD service is unavailable on the system. I have checked it with 'ps -ef | grep gsd | grep -v grep' and 'ps -ef | grep jre | grep -v grep' commands, and i dont get any output from the command. Also the 'srvctl status database -d <dbname>' throws an error saying:

              PRKO-2005 : Application error: Failure in getting Cluster Database Configuration for: <dbname>

Help me out folks!

-V.