Re: ASM on Sun

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

Scott

  I will surely try again tomorrow as I tried earlier to change the ownership and the command was exectued but the permission are still the same. Yes you are right that I need to reserver some space for ASM

  Thanks for your help
  Sanjay

Scott <oraracdba_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
  Sanjay, I just change the permissions on the raw character (rdev) device. In some cases I have also had to start the slice at cylinder 3 becuase ASM thought if I started a cyliner 0 the slice was a VTOC.

Scott

http://mail.yahoo.com