RE: Migration of applications

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:02:31 -0700

Dean,

You might want to check out Mercury Interactive's IT Governance (previously Kintana). Sophisticated, but extremely powerful if setup correctly.

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I Jn 4:18

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of rjamya Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:50 AM
To: oracledbam_at_hotmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Migration of applications

depends, we write an inhouse wrapper using perl/ksh that hooks into our PVCS repository and based upon promotion groups (set in PVCS), promotes/moves/compiles code in appropriate databases. We do have dev,acpt,qa,rel databases to promote before any code hits production.

There is no hard an fast rule, but from my experience such practices are developed in-house unless you run a vendor supplied apps in which case you follow your vendor's instructions.

HTH
Raj

On 6/12/06, Dean Paul <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

        Hi,

        How to migrate code/applications between development, test & production

	environments?
	Thanks in advance.