Re: DBAs:Databases 1:10 (Oracle) 1:31 (SQL Server)

From: Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:51:48 +1000

Zelli, Brian wrote:
> As a SQL server and oracle DBA, the concept of schema's was introduced
> in SQL Server 2005. I was just at a class where they said that they
> want to make SQL Server more "oracle like"
>
> ciao,
> Brian

No, they were introduced at, or before, SQL Server 6.0 (that's pre-1995, when I started working with them). They were a dog, but they existed. They were completely redeveloped for SS7, and have been well supported ever since. What's new in SS2005 is that they are recommended so that development, management, etc is more "Oracle-like" - but they've been there a lot longer.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)