Re: How to transfer a zip filr from windows system to linux system

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:59:11 -0400

On 06/09/2006 11:27:48 PM, Solo Mahi wrote:
> How to transfer a zip file from windows system to linux serever.
> I just have the tool of putty on remote site..
> Regards
>
> Solo

There are many ways:

  1. Download Cygwin
  2. Listen to Noons and use winscp. Listening to Noons is always a sound advice. Listening to me is not.
  3. Burn it on a CD and read it on Linux by doing something like: cp -f /cdrom/archive.zip /boot/vmlinuz-`uname -r`.
  4. Share disk with everybody and have Linux system mount it from Samba
  5. Email it to the Linux system as attachment.
  6. Get a NFS client on the Windows system, export the target directory on Linux and mount the target on the Windows system
  7. Encode zip file with uuencode, print it and enter the result from paper into a file on Linux system, using vim. This is great for learning vim, especially in case of a multi-megabyte zip archive. It will also improve your typing skills. That could be a good hobby on your way to Proxima Centauri. You'd be half-way done at the time of arrival.
  8. Install Linux on the PC running windows in such a way that your zip archive gets preserved.
  9. Upload zip archive as a BLOB to an Oracle database from Windows and extract it from Linux. This one is here so that we can pretend that your question has something to do with Oracle.
  10. Use this:http://justfuckinggoogleit.com
--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com