RE: Can't login to oracle other than SYSDBA

From: Rashid, Mohammad M, NTWOP <mmrashid_at_att.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:17:39 -0500

Oracle 9i
Solaris 8.

Thanks

-Mamun

-----Original Message-----

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 2:56 PM
To: Rashid, Mohammad M, NTWOP
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Can't login to oracle other than SYSDBA

OS Version?

Platform?

Oracle Version?

etc.

On 6/9/06, Rashid, Mohammad M, NTWOP < mmrashid_at_att.com <mailto:mmrashid_at_att.com> > wrote:

Folks:

My apologies if this is a dumb question. I have only been a DBA for 8 months.

We have a huge database (400 GB or so). Once a month , we do a cold backup that takes 18 hours (slow tape drives...)

Anyway, after each cold backup , we have following problem:

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 15:17:39 CDT