RE: RAC and ASM disk layout

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:45:41 -0700

>>>Be careful with mirroring over two boxes using ASM - it can
>>>be quite a surprise for you. I have mentioned that alrady
>>>couple times on this list. See
>>>http://oracloid.blogspot.com/2006/05/vldb-with-asm.html.

BTW, anyone toying (word chosen carefully) with ASM should read this post. Fact is, ASM is version 0.0000042 volume management. All the lessons learned prior to, say, 1995 are not even embodied in this stuff. Drives me crazy.

BTW, Alex, please enjoy a Spaten Pils (vom fass) and think of me...no place I'd rather be ...