Re: disable pk works differently in oracle 9 and oracle 10?

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:04:55 -0500

Alfonso, what version of the database are you using? 9 or 10?

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079

             "Alfonso León"
             <aleon68_at_gmail.co
                                       Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com
             06/08/2006 04:35                                           cc
             PM                        "Alex Gorbachev"
                                       <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>,
                                       genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com,
                                       "Schultz, Charles"
                                       <sac_at_uillinois.edu>, oracle-l
                                       <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>,
                                       erichjenkinson_at_gmail.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: disable pk works differently in
                                       oracle 9 and oracle 10?

I create the primary key and let the database create the index, then disable the primary key and the index was gone.

Then I drop the PK, create the unique index and create the PK with the existing index. When I disable the PK the index remains.

So it is clear that if you create the index before the PK then the index will be respected as a prior object and will not be dropped

On 6/8/06, Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com> wrote:
> Yep, I checked for that.
>

> --
> Mark J. Bobak
> Senior Oracle Architect
> ProQuest Information & Learning
>
> For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
> relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988

Alfonso Leon