Re: RAC 10.2 + Sun Cluster 3.1 + QFS

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:07:00 +0200

Yes, for your datafiles you can use CFS, AMS or combination of both. Likewise, for FRA you can use CFS or ASM.

If you want to mirror using ASM be careful - there is quite a flaw there. <shameless_plug>I have recently did couple posts in the blog - http://oracloid.blogspot.com/2006/05/vldb-with-asm.html and http://oracloid.blogspot.com/2006/05/flash-recovery-area-on-asm.html.</shameless_plug>

This is of no concern if you don't plan to let ASM do the mirroring between two failure groups (like two storage boxes).

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://oracloid.blogspot.com