Re: 10G and UFS - long write times

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:20:37 -0400

I understand that there is a severe difference in timings. But is it right to test fundamentally bad code? I've been testing 10g on a Sun T2000, both on the san and local disks. I never could get it as fast as my 8i/9i installations on other servers. Granted, I was not comparing apples and oranges. I had to give it back before I could bring 9i on the T2000 to test. But my initial reaction with 10g is it just didn't seem as forgiving as other versions of oracle.
How about testing a big import with lots of parallel index creation?