RE: Veritas issue with 10G RAC

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 20:49:31 -0700

	We've had the following problem on 2 nodes where we lose
	the entire Veritas file system across the cluster after doing
the following rendering the whole cluster being unavailable.....

.... when "the whole cluster" becomes unavailable, what is the status of that good old SCSI-III Persistent Reservation ? Sounds particularly fishy like a complete T10 metldown...like those haven't ever happened before...

Pardon me for asking, but what is the value of taking a huge SMP and chopping up into a bunch of little domains and using RAC to "glue" it back together? Just asking.