Re: revenue hike - 10.2.0.2

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:02:24 -0600

This is nothing new. It has happened to me almost every time I've patched Standard Edition since maybe 9.2.4.

If you ask Oracle Support about it, they'll probably tell to extract a library from the 10.2.0.1 installation media, drop it into $ORACLE_HOME/lib, and relink. If you ask *really* nicely, they might even tell you *how*. ;-)

Now, I haven't personally encountered this in 10.2 (haven't had occasion to patch that release yet), but I'm will to bet its the same thing. Given that the Oracle documentation essentially ignores the existance of Standard Edition, why shouldn't the patchsets?

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead