AUDIT based on certain conditions?

From: Dhimant Patel <drp4kri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:18:44 -0400

Hi All,

I have a need to audit use of schemas based on certain users - I can differentiate these users based on v$session.terminal or v$session.osuser. I am not quite sure had I done this before but I want to setup a AFTER LOGON database trigger to turn on/off the auditing based on above v$ values.

create or replace trigger on_logon
after logon on database
declare
mTname varchar2(40);
begin
SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','TERMINAL') INTO mTname FROM DUAL; if (SUBSTR(mTname,1,3) <> 'pts')
then
  EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'AUDIT UPDATE ANY TABLE BY SESSION'; end if;
end;

I tried with following code but am getting

     ORA-30511 Invalid DDL operation in system trigger.

Any ideas ?

-Thanks,

DP.

--